Ritchie Bros Sells 13,000 Items In Houston & Edmonton June Auctions

Ritchie Bros Sells 13,000 Items In Houston & Edmonton June Auctions

Ritchie Bros. conducted 24 online auctions across the globe, selling more than 34,000 equipment items over six days. The two largest of these events took place in Alberta & Texas, where Ritchie Bros. sold a combined US$114 million of equipment online for approximately 1,800 consignors.

Images •Ritchie Bros

The Houston, TX auction on June 21 – 23 attracted more than 10,000 online bidders for the 5,900+ items consigned, with buyers from Texas purchasing approximately 48% of the equipment. Specific sales highlights included a 2013 Link-Belt RTC80110 110-ton rough terrain crane that sold for US$305,000; a 2018 Caterpillar D6T dozer that sold for US$255,000; and two 2020 Peterbilt 567 6×4 truck tractors that sold for US$240,000 each. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.

“Our Houston yard was very busy leading up to the auction with customers inspecting, testing, and comparing items prior to bidding online. As expected, we continue to drive strong pricing for late-model, low-hour equipment and trucks, resulting in a lot of happy consignors.”

said Chuck Roberson, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros.

Images •Ritchie Bros

Approximately 700 companies sold equipment in the three-day Houston auction, including a complete dispersal for MDS Boring & Drilling Inc.

“When you work with Ritchie Bros. everything is first class. They have the best marketing, reach the most buyers, and will get you the most money for your equipment. We sold more than 450 items in last week’s Houston auction and were extremely happy with the results. I’d like to thank Ritchie Bros. and its employees for their professionalism throughout the entire consignment process—they were so friendly, polite, and respectful.”

said Cortney Laney, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer for MDS Boring & Drilling.

On June 22 – 24, Ritchie Bros. sold approximately 7,000 items from its Edmonton, AB auction site and attracted more than 12,300 online bidders from 43 countries. Approximately 60% of the equipment in the CA$65+ million (US$51+ million) auction was sold to Alberta buyers, while the remaining 40% was sold to buyers from as far away as Australia, Belize, and Morocco.

Images •Ritchie Bros

“Our June Edmonton auction is a quick turnaround from our May event, as we empty and refill the yard in just six weeks. Our operations team has done an absolutely amazing job coordinating the event, while our auctioneers dug for every last dollar, resulting in strong pricing for dozers, excavators, articulated dump trucks, and most other equipment categories.”

said Andrew Lutic, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros.

Sales highlights from Edmonton included a 2015 Caterpillar 988K wheel loader that sold for CA$605,000 (US$468,000+); a 2009 Caterpillar D8T that sold for CA$550,000 (US$429,000+); and five 2018 Caterpillar 745 articulated dump trucks that sold for CA$355,000 each (US$274,000+).

Source: Ritchie Bros